What causes red vaginal discharge while suffering from UTI?

I have a urinary Trac infection so I bought some over the counter meds that the pharmacist told me to buy I started it the night before last night but yesterday I started my period and I got up to take a shower 35 to 45 minutes ago and as I was cleaning myself I notice this light reddish skin type of stuff started coming out and this is the first time ever that this happens to me what is it?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

A red vaginal discharge can be due to the drug used for infection. However if it persists, then a vaginal examination by doctor is necessary.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Wishing you all the best.

Dr. Loveleen Sharma, General & Family Physician