What causes red splotches on the face with swelling on forehead in an infant?

I have an 18 month old that has a swollen, red forehead that comes and goes. She has very sensitive skin with excema. She seemed to begin having red splotches on her face a couple of days ago off and on as well. We bathe her with Dove soap. She has been around dogs this weekend for the first time so I am wondering if maybe it is just allergies. We have been giving her Benadryl as suggested by a pharmacist. Any other suggestions?
Mon, 14 Oct 2019