What causes red and swollen spot on the toe after an injury?

My big toe hurt a little and there was a spot right below it that looked like a bug bite. Later it became quite swollen and turned red. Now the toe and next toe are blue and black. It doesn t hurt a lot but a little when I bend the toe. I don t remember hitting it or dropping anything on it. It never did itch at the spot.
Fri, 7 Dec 2018

There is a gross discrepancy between the question and narration below, as the header is asking about swollen spot after injury and below it is clearly written that you do not remember hitting or dropping anything on it.

So it would be better to revert back with clarity ahead in follow up discussion.

Primary relief with ice application, analgesic as ibuprofen if no history of drug sensitivity. Will need a prescription of antibiotics as penicillin or else, proteolytic enzymes as chymoral forte or else for faster relief and preventing secondary infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel,