What causes recurrent pregnancy loss?

hello Doctor, my wife had two miscarriges in a year. After the first one , the gyne doctor we have been follow up, gave injection for hormone every week and duphaston tablet for preventing miscarriges. my wife was also under great care. with having done every possible things , why this happened in just three and half months?
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Recurrent miscarriages can happen due to many causes.
According to your description, you ruled out progesterone deficiency as your doctor supplemented and also uterine anomalies.
Now the possible causes are genetic abnormalities, more in consanguineous marriage.
If you have done DNA testing of dead baby, that can give some information.
Then you have to rule out infections, TORCH panel testing is advised.
Also better to test for antiphospolipid antibodies.
Sometimes cervical incompetence can also lead to miscarriage, especially in second trimester.
So, better to test for all these things with your doctor's help before planning next pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.