What causes recurrent fever and vomiting in a child?

My 10 year old daughter has been sick for 7 days. At first it was a high fever and vomiting, now it s just the high fever and she still isn t eating much. I took her to emergency room on Wednesday (3 days ago). She had a fever of 102 upon arrival and that was after she had Advil. they did an ECG (came back good) a urine sample (came back good) a chest xray (came back good) and blood work. The blood work showed high levels in inflammation/infection. So they have her antibiotics to treat her for a kidney/bladder infection but she has been on the meds for 3 days now and her fever this evening is still 102. She has an ultrasound tomorrow morning and we are still waiting for more results from her bloodwork. Any ideas of what I should be asking or what this could be? I should also mention that this has been re-occuring for the last 6 months or so (not usually lasting this long) but it seems to be getting worse. Please help. Any advice would be great.
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Let her go through USG. Have they sent culture reports? More detailed history and physical examination is required to guide further treatment course. If infection the choice of antibiotics will be guided by culture reports. If inflammatory disease further course will be anti inflammatory. basically treatment will be guided by cause underlying. More detailed reports are needed to come to any conclusion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.