What causes radiating shoulder pain?

I have been having pain from shoulders to elbows.........at night and bad when getting up in the morning. It s hard to lift myself down into the tub and get back out. Sometimes it seems to radiate up in my neck. It subsides the longer I am up during the day. Should I call my doctor?
Wed, 23 Mar 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
yes, you should meet a specialist. it might a nerve getting trap anywhere in its course. your doctor might recommend you an MRI or may give u a medical prescription for the ease of pain. you may even need to visit a physical therapist as he will help u by assessing the weak muscles and advice how to strengthen them. I hope I have given some inputs to ur query