What causes pulsating sensation in knee cap and suggest treatment?

I have a pulsating sensation in my knee cap. It has been bothering me for weeks. It doesn t hurt but it is terribly uncomfortable and distracting. The pulsating makes it very difficult for me to fall asleep and concentrate on other tasks, especially at night. How do I make this go away?!!!!
Fri, 6 Sep 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms are suggestive of local inflammation. For this reason, I recommend checking inflammation tests (complete blood count, PCR, ESR) and performing a Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist