What causes protein and blood in urine?

I have a a1c of 6.1 and have developed protein in my urine . first of the week I was passing blood in my urine . my doctor today saw my urine results and said my protein in my urine was vey high, rachael iam 58 years old . any ideas thanks rachael
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

The protein in urine could be due to urinary tract infection or some form of kidney damage like nephritis.

I suggest you investigate with urine routine microscopic examination and culture for primary work up.

Ultrasonography of pelvis also should be done to look for any kidney pathology if present. You can revert back with reports to comment further.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician