• question-icon

What causes prolonged periods for eight days continuously?

I am 35 years old. Normal ht . Wt 65kg.l had bleeding only for one day for last 7 years. But l had regular periods 28 to 30 days. Last October I had bleeding only half a day. November only spotting. Then after 40 days spotting lasted for 10 days..then bleeding started and continued for 15 days. I changed 4 to 5 pads per day. Then I went to doctor. Scan report is normal study of uterus, ovaries and adnexae. But endometrial thickness is 11mm. She recommended for dnc , but I refused. She gave injection annd tablet for 3 days . bleeding stopped. After 35 days spotting started and lasted for 5 days and started bleeding. This time normal bleeding ,2 to 3 pads per day. But it is continuing even after 8 days. What I have to do now?
Fri, 29 Nov 2019

Bleeding lasting for 7 - 8 days is not that concerning. It could possibly be due to the effect of hormones. If bleeding persists, follow up with your ObGyn.

Hope this answers query
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi Rita Venugopal