What causes post nasal drip and low grade fever?

Hello, I've been having drainage from my nose to my throat. Dry throat and a small temperature run. Headaches like symptoms like allergys. I did have oral sex with my female partner two days ago. The sysmtoms seem like allergy but could I have a possible infection in my throat from that?
Thu, 22 Feb 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

It seems that you are suffering from upper respiratory tract infection causing the symptoms of drainage down the throat, dry throat, temperature rise, headache etc.

The infection will however resolve once the virus will complete its cycle in human body..

As of now you can start with supportive treatment to relieve the symptoms like:

1. Gargle with a warm saline solution that is by mixing 1 teaspoon salt in a glass of water and warm it to make a luke warm solution..
2. Take a combination of decongestant like Phenylephrine, mucolytic like Ambroxol and anti allergic levocetrizine and another combination of Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen..
3. Do steam inhalations..
4. Avoid spicy and chilled foods..
5. Sip on warm water throughout the day..

Hopefully the symptoms will resolve within a week and if it worsen consult a General Physician and get evaluated..

Hope this helps..

Regards.
Dr.Honey Arora.