• question-icon

What causes pins and needles and numbness in the foot?

I woke up with pins and needles in my left leg, which disappeared within minutes but lets my foot and ankle feeling numb. It s been over an hour and a half now and I foot still feels numb. I have never had this before mad I am worried. What could it be? Do I need to see a doctor? (I am 33, female, and otherwise healthy)
Fri, 11 Apr 2014
Pin and needle sensation followed by numbness can be 1. transient due to temporary restriction of blood supply to area of nerve after prolonged leaning/ resting, in panic attack. 2. chronic due to neuronal problem or poor circulation by athrosclerosis. vitamin deficiency, malnutrition and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism and hypoparathyroidism may also causes these problem. Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis may also be the cause. Consult a neuro physician for further management. Some test should be done like total blood count, blood glucose level, serum B12 level.
Thank you for consulting HCM.