What causes pinkish vaginal discharge after taking I pill?

Hi. I have noticed pinky orange discharge and some bleeding over the past few days. I initially thought it was my period coming early (first day was more bleeding) and today I have noticed a pink - orange discharge. I had unprotected sex three weeks ago and took emergency contraception - could this be to do with it?
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. I pill has the side effect of irregular spotting and bleeding, and delaying the next expected period by 2-3 weeks .
I would suggest you to not to worry, and wait for the periods to occur.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma