What causes persistent popping sensation in ears with cough and cold?

Hi my 9 year old daughter had been sick with a cough/cold for about a week and she felt like her ears were popping. She went to see the dr a couple of days ago and he said there were no signs of ear infection. I know the popping of her ears really bother her especially when she eats/chews. Can you recommend anything. I m taking her back to her dr monday morning.
Mon, 28 Jan 2019

It is due to middle ear infection and Eustachian tube block.

As a first line management you can take antihistamines like cetirizine for symptomatic relief.

You can also do steam inhalation for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persists better to consult an ENT specialist and evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,