What causes persistent low grade fever?

Hi sir my name is Shameer I’m a staff nurse as almost 5 yr experience with dialysis and MICU, now I’m working in a home care with neuro patient ( semi paralyzed) ryles tube (4 mnth left every month changing) past history strok ,diabetic (controlled) 73 years old . Now his problem is everyday fever the last 25 days it will present in 8 hrs below 101degree fever is starting at almost 2 pm to 10pm and yesterday onwards timing is changed to morning 7 o clock sometimes it will get normal temperature without help of dolo 650. Recently we checked blood RE, U RE, LFT , RFT everything perfect without albumin (2.95) and alkaline phosphate (163) so pls help me what tests wants to do more and what is the problems of this fever thank u
Tue, 27 Mar 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
persistant low grade fever can be due to any infection most commonly tubercular or malignancy. its better to get your blood culture done to know what nosocomial infection have been developed and treat accordingly with antibiotics