What causes persistent high blood pressure level while on a protein diet?

I am 39 yo 5’10 and weigh 185Lbs. I used to be athletic, but now am just slightly active. I almost never eat breakfast and have been trying to eat protein, and veggies for lunch and dinner. I drink water throughout the day with a goal of 64oz./day. Over the past 90days I have lost 20Lbs. (On purpose) to be healthier. The past two months my blood pressure has been 139/92. What could be causing consistent high blood pressure. Also, I drink alcohol, (about twelve drinks per week).
Asked On : Fri, 19 Jan 2018
Hello dear. Thank you for using Healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concern. I think you blood pressure is normal for your age. Try to lower the alcoholic drinks intake, saturated fat and smoking. Keep active. Hope my answer was helpful. If yes vote helpful. Best regards.