Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

192 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes persistent high blood pressure level while on a protein diet?

I am 39 yo 5’10 and weigh 185Lbs. I used to be athletic, but now am just slightly active. I almost never eat breakfast and have been trying to eat protein, and veggies for lunch and dinner. I drink water throughout the day with a goal of 64oz./day. Over the past 90days I have lost 20Lbs. (On purpose) to be healthier. The past two months my blood pressure has been 139/92. What could be causing consistent high blood pressure. Also, I drink alcohol, (about twelve drinks per week).
Tue, 13 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear. Thank you for using Healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concern. I think you blood pressure is normal for your age. Try to lower the alcoholic drinks intake, saturated fat and smoking. Keep active. Hope my answer was helpful. If yes vote helpful. Best regards.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....