What causes persistent headaches?

Hi I am suffering from headaches that often pulse, secondary symptoms is occasional numbness and tingling of extremities. I also have a swallon left ankle which is currently being checked out for any vascular issue. I have now taken high blood pressure and cholesterol medication for the last 3 months. A MRI was completed on my brain, other than some age related spots, the results were clear. Would really like to get some relief and a diagnosis on why these headaches are continuing.
Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

If these headaches are of relatively new onset and nothing other than taking medications over the past several months has occurred out of the ordinary then, my first suspicion would revolve around the possibility of side effects that commonly include headaches from both blood pressure and cholesterol medications.

You may wish to bring this detail up to the prescribing physician since headaches as side effects are often overlooked as the cause of such complaints.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi,
Neurologist