What causes persistent head lice despite taking Ivermectin?

I am in the medical profession and I serve a client that has an issue with ongoing lice. Unfortunately, I have caught it as well as my daughter. We have treated with Sklice lotion, and I have taken ivermectin orally twice. I thought I was clear and then found two nits tonight. Does ivermectin sometimes not work? And how do you tell if the nits are alive or dead? Thank you
Mon, 16 Nov 2015
Hello
I have gone through your question and understand your concern. It is always better to go for a second application of sklice lotion, single application is not enough to kill eggs. Single application will not give 100% results, as nits survive the first treatment and leads to treatment failure and re-infestation.
The life cycle of head louse last for about 5 weeks, nits take 2 weeks to hatch so the second application should be 2 weeks apart from the first application for killing the newly hatched lice effectively.
Hope your concern is answered. Thank you.