What causes persistent fever?

well, my wife is having feveR from the past 17 days.initially it was 101-102 thten it progessed till 105 now its going uptill 103.she was treated with ceftriaxone1 gm BD or 5 days then tazobactom 4.5gm TID for 5 days.she developed skin rashes at the end of 4th day of ceftriaxone. right now she is under Ornifloxone+ofloxine from 3 days.fever comes daily twice in morning and evening.all tests r negative
dengue twice was negative, hepatitis b ,hepatitis c, hiv,widal,malaria v and f ,cbp,cue,lft were done
liver enzymes are high
bilirubin =3mg/dl
sgpt =220ou/l
sgot 35 ou/l
wbc = 10200
platelets 220000
rubella virus negative
weil felix negative
na =132
k =3.9
usg scaN HEPATOSPLENOMEGALY, THICKENED GALL BLADDE WITH PEICHOLECYSTIC EDEMA
CT SCAN OF CHEST NORMAL
PAUL BUNNEL TEST NEGATIVE
ANA NEGATIVE
PATIENT WAS CHRONIC ITP CASE. WAS TAKING STEROIDS FROM PAST 3 MONTHS.FIRST 20 DAYS SHE TOOK 40 MG PREDNISOLONE PER DAY
THEN 40 MG DEXAMETHASONE FOR 3 DAYS THEN TAPERING FOR 3 DAYS CONSTITUTING ONE BLOCK, THEN LEAVE A GAP OF A WEEK AND START DEXA BLOCK ONCE AGAIN.SHE TOOK 5 BLOCKS.
THEN SHE TOOK DAPSONE 100 MG FOR 20 DAYS.ON THE ONSET OF FEVER SINCE 9 AUG, DAPSONE IS DISCONTINUED.
INITIALLY IN FEVER SHE HAD VOMITINGS, BUT THEY HAVE SUBSIDED AFTER GIVING ONDESTRON
BP 110/70
PR 100
WEIGHT 60 KGS
NOW RASHES R GOING DUE TO PREDNISOLONE BUT FEVER COMES EVERY DAY.PLZ ADVISE.NO DIAGONASIS IS DONE.DOCTORS R EXPECTING VIRAL FEVER
Wed, 24 Sep 2014