What causes pellet-like stools, abdominal pain and distention?

Hello, my wife has just shown me her stool: it is a clump of approximately 10 (1 inch) pellets where almost every pellet has a quantity of blood in the immediate center...

She has an extended belly, harder and more extended at the lower right side (possibly lower liver area), and infrequent pain when stomach feels more distended, otherwise not painful all of the time.

She has extreme tiredness
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to history here infective etiology has to be ruled out like colitis, appendicitis or gastroenteritis.

Your work up done as follow.
_stool routine micro examination
_stool occult blood test
_USG abdomen scan

By these two report if needed antibiotic like Metronidazole can be started if needed

Avoid excess spicy foods

Drink more water

Rabeprazole OD for week also can be prescribed

Hope this will help you