Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes painful urination?

I am a 56 yr old female, last week after my husband and I had sex I feel like l have a UTI. Hurts when I pee, don t feel like I completely empty and have to go more frequently. I told him at the time something hurt. Aftward there was light bleeding for two days. Should I see my regular physician or give it more time.
Mon, 22 May 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Based on the history, it appears that you could have had urethral tear during intercourse, which might have exaggerated with inflammation leading to symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Kindly wait for 2 to 3 days by taking more of citrus fruit juices and plenty of fluids, so that it would help to keep the urine alkaline. Also, abstain from sexual activities at least for a week.
If the symptoms persist beyond 3 days or gets worsened, you need to get the following investigations done promptly.
1. Urine routine examination.
2. Urine for culture and sensitivity.
Kindly consult Urologist with the report for clinical evaluation and appropriate management.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi. My granddaughter is complaining who is 3 when she urinates it hurts. There is redness in her private area. I haven t seen it yet but my...