What causes painful urination and bleeding after placing a catheter?

3 yrs ago I could not pass urine, so a Catheter was put in. It was perfect. No pain, no bleeding. This morning, I went to emergency again for not passing urine. A catheter was put in, but this time, insertion of the tube was painfull, and there was blood. I am now home and more than 12 hours had passed.. Pain and bleeding is still there especially when urinating. Should I be concerned? Was the tube inserted wrong? What can I do? I am alone in the house and past midnight. Thank you for ur answer. YYYY@YYYY .
Fri, 27 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The most common reason is either catheter induced trauma or narrowing
of urethra. Currently you can drink more liquids, cranberry sachet intake and should
consult your doctor tomorrow morning.

Hope this information helps you sort out your problems. If you feel its helpful kindly give me user thanks vote.
Happy health!
Dr. Archana