What causes painful swollen labia after intercourse?

Hi, I got married last Saturday and had sex for the first time in 5+years. At first it hurt, my husband kinda stretched me. Things were OK for a few days after. But lately, my g spot hurts every time we have sex, and the clit hood (don t know the real term) is swollen, red and very sore. What s wrong with me?
Mon, 2 Sep 2019

Swollen labia could indicate the beginning of a genital infection, common yeast or fungal infection. Is there any associated redness, foul discharge or urinary or bowel symptoms?

Also, it could happen due to vigorous sex, masturbation, shaving etc in which case it is normal and would go away with ice packs.

Please write in with more details. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon