What causes painful knot on ear lobe?

Last night I felt a knot on my lobe and I thought it was just from my earrings irritating it the wrong way because I have had them before but they always go away and then I woke up with it purple and really painful it looks like a hickey on my earlobe
Mon, 15 Dec 2014
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that the ear may be infected. You can consider cleaning the ear with an anti septic daily and apply topical antibiotics.

The topical antibiotics should be available at your local pharmacy over the counter.

You may want to consider the use of an oral anti inflammatory pain killer such as ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin.

If the symptoms worsen then you see your doctor

I hope this helps