• question-icon

What causes painful calf, leg and thigh?

I started having leg pain in my right leg. It is a deep inside dull pain that seems to move around a bit. It started in my lower calf, where I still get pain, but has now moved up into my thigh. I had a bad bruise on my upper inside thigh, which I do not know how I got. It has gone away now but I have a small lump about the size of a pea now. I am 60 yr old female.
Tue, 17 Mar 2015
Dear Patient, this can have something to do with the blood circulation either in your arteries or veins. I recommed doing an ultrasound of the legs (duplex sonography of veins and arteries), and also checking out the bruise with the ultrasound to check for haematoma. Hope you get better soon, if you have any clarificatons you can get back to me, if this was helpful please kindly rate my answer. Best regards