• question-icon

What causes pain while urination and bowel movement?

Hello, I had a hysterectomy june 12, 2014. They removed everything but right ovary. On june 24, I was diagnosed with elevated wbc. Was given antibiotics then on july 1 was diagnosed with uti and given iv antibiotics at er. On July 18, my vaginal cuff tore and my bowels fell through the opening. I was rushed in for emergency surgery to correct the situation. They said I had quite a bit of infection in my pelvis and fluid as well. Now though im feeling a strong pressure in my vagina like something is there. And having a lot of pain when I urinate or try to have a bowel movement. Should I go back to dr or is this normal considering all that my body has been through
Tue, 14 Feb 2017
OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology 's  Response
Hi
usually UTI causes pain during micturation but not during bowel movements ,it is better to do urine culture and ultrasound pelvis to rule out any other causes ,i suggest u to vist doctor for the same