What causes pain under the ribcage?

I Have a dull pain under my left ribs. But sometimes out of nowhere it just sends out a pain that is sharp and fast and scary. Feels as strong as bumping ones crazy bone. I have many symptoms of pancreas cancer., could this pain be from the pancreas or is that not where the pain would come from?
Sat, 1 Sep 2018

It can be costochondritis. It’s harmless condition and you can take analgesics like Tramadol or Acetaminophen for pain relief.

You can go for an ultrasound scan to look for any intra abdominal cause including pancreatic cancer.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.