• question-icon

What causes pain on foot and tors while on uti infection?

Hello,i am 35 years,have had a course of antibiotics named tetracycline for more than 4months against uninary tract infection caused by staphylococcus aureus.While on this course of treatment,i was taken sugary foods and juice and a high carbohydrate foods.Suddenly,one morning i woke up to notice pain on my foot,toes,hands,fingers infact up to my head and all over my body.What could this be and how can i deal with this problem ?
Mon, 5 Jun 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This relates to systemic disturbance may be in the form of sugar alterations, deficiency of zinc, magnesium, B12, increased muscle weakness. A rare entity is noticed with long-term use of tetracycline (for 4 months) or else.

Matter needs extensive clinical and laboratory evaluations with different parameters.
Can follow certain guidelines till that time.
• Drink plenty of liquids to maintain hydration level
• Balanced nutritious diet with adequate amount of needed nutrients
• If the course of tetracycline is not finished then don`t take further doses
• Multivitamins, antioxidants help
Acetaminophen as an analgesic tablet after meals
• Avoid smoking/alcohol /any abuse substances if using

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel