What causes pain in the tongue after vomiting?

Good afternoon, after a night of drinking with my brother, I threw up twice last night. it was dark, but I know I threw up mostly liquids both times and today the back of my tongue is KILLING me, but when I looked at it with a light, I could not see anything different, although it hurt so much just stick my tongue out to look. While I am not an alcoholic, this has never ever happened to me. I cant eat or drink anything right now without it bringing me sever pain. What is going on, please help me Docs. =/
Thu, 17 Aug 2017
Dentist 's  Response
Hi.
Thanks for the query..

Pain in tongue after throwing up seems to be most probably due to inflammation or irritation of the tongue with the contents of the vomitus which must also contain stomach acid..

Other cause can be tongue muscle spasms..

So my suggestion is to take anti inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen and muscle relaxant.
Gargle with numbing mouthwash containing Lidocaine or suck chlorseptic lozenges.
Take soft and semi solid foods..

In case if there is no improvement consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated..

Hope this helps.

Regards..