What causes pain in the surgical incision for carotid endartertecomy?

I had carotid endartertecomy nov 15th 2013, and now I have bad pain right in the surgical incision I don t know if it is fro the surgery or the blood flow I take my aspirin daily along with other meds , what do you think could me causing sudden pain all at once thanks fran morris
Tue, 22 Jun 2021
Cardiologist 's  Response

The pain could be related to a possible infection. Do you see any redness or tenderness in this region? Do you have chest pain?

I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests:
- A Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries
- A resting ECG and cardiac enzymes
- Complete blood count, PCR, ESR

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist