Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

177 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes pain in the penis and how is it treated ?

Hi im 12 and i have parent accecption. Im a young man im a male. I wanted to know if i have a problem with my penis. My penis hurts but not that much. It started 2 days ago and It almost went away today. So i was woundering if i have a penis problem? Please tell me the problem and treatment please. Please email me for extra help at (
Sat, 28 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
due to hormonal change and alter circulation
this problem happen sometimes
you need not to take any medicine for that.
if occur frequently and more painful
then consult doctor
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I was recently sitting outside and all of a sudden I feel a small sharp pain on the inside of my penis. I quickly go inside and undress to see what the problem is. When I look inside my penis there is a black ant stinging it. I took it out fast, but it s been about fifteen minutes and the pain is still happening. How do I treat this, do I need to see a doctor if I can t?

doctor1 MD

I am growing this pimple on the trunck of my penis, does not look like herpes to me, i do mansturbate a lot (3-4 times a day) and i have only had sex with my girlfriend and i always use a condom, do you have any idea on what it could be and how it could be treated and if a doctor has to see it, wich doctor should i go to?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m doing this for my boyfriend, and I m going to describe the situation to my best knowledge!! My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months now, both of us have been checked for any sexually transmitted deseases and came negative. We have been sexually active the whole time and nothing of a kind has ever happened before to neither of us. A day ago we had sex 5 times, with about half to an hour break in between each session. He said he noticed a few swellings mostly on his right side of the penis, and below the head of the penis, and they stung a bit, but nothing else happened. Today we decided to have sex again, and as we undressed we saw scabs like spots where the swellings were the other day, they didn t hurt nor did they itch or anything of a kind. I don t know why, but we still had sex anyways. After the intercourse, we checked the area, and the scabs were gone leaving the spots with pus inside of them, and it still didn t hurt or sting or itch! I checked my vagina, and there is nothing! We were thinking this just chafe from the friction and tension on the penis going in and out. Also I don t know if this helps but we did have rough sex each time, and I am shorter than him, and we do lean mostly on the right side or he pushes it towards the right side which is where the swelling/scabs were... If anyone has gone thru same situation please let us know how to treat it or if it s something to go checked for immediately! We are thinking the worst but hoping for the best, that it s nothing serious! Any information would help! Thanks!