What causes pain in the muscles and joints while cancer is in remission?

My husband has had serious muscle and joint pain, aching all over, since early March. No fever or other flu-like symptoms.He took several rounds of Opdivo for metastatic kidney cancer; last one July 2017. Cancer in remission. HE feels lousy, achy all the time and tired all the time. Any ideas?
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The OPDIVO have those side-effects but also the cancer may have those symptoms too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.