What causes pain in the lower abdomen?

I have been having pain in my stomach area close to my groin area. The pain will subside and then come back. I recently had carotid artery surgery. I have had (2) hernia surgeries, however they never subsided and then came back. What do you think?
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The pain in lower abdomen can be from muscle pull, intestine colic, constipation related or others. I would like to have all details of symptoms, exact site of location of pain for better in depth guidance.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Varinder Joshi 's  Response

Your symptoms are related to inguinal hernia. So get assessed by a local surgeon. He will guide you appropriately.