What causes pain in the lower abdomen and nausea?

Last night, I started to have discomfort in my stomach. The pain started to increase and intensify in the lower right section of my abdomen. A few hours later, I started to feel nauseous. The pain was spread out through my whole abdomen, but was more intense and sharp in my lower right side. About 4 hours after the pain started, the nauseous got worse and I vomited. Through the 4 hour period, I also experienced chills and sudden hot flashes of sweating. I have been checking my temperature constantly and I don’t have a fever. It has now been about 15 hours since these symptoms started, and the nausea and vomiting have subsided. I still have pain in my lower right abdomen, but it is less severe. The pain intensifies with movement such as twisting, coughing, walking, and movement of my right leg. I have had an increase in trips to the bathroom, and an increase in stool which has become lose. I have a lose of appetite, and have only eaten a few chips in the 15 hour period. I have had constipation in the past. The pain feels similar, but it is generalized in the lower right extremity. When I had constipation, I never had nausea or vomiting. I don’t know if I should seek medical attention, or just wait to see if my symptoms subside. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per the description, it is possible to have appendicitis, terminal ileum inflammation, or others. I strongly recommend to consult your doctor immediately and get a CT scan of abdomen & pelvis done for the diagnosis and further management guidelines.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel