What causes pain in the left shoulder and neck along with breathing difficulty?

I am a healthy and active 51 year old Caucasian female. I exercix with weights and cardio 5 days a week. I woke up around 3 AM this morning with left shoulder pain and when I started to turn over, the pain was incredible in neck and left shoulder and it was very difficult to breath. I could only take very shallow quick breaths. As soon as I was able, I took my blood pressure and it was 117/82 and pulse was 82 which was a little high but contributed that to pain. I have a pump for my neck for stretching e exercises so sat up and used that. It relieved pain as well as breathing, but as soon as I tried to lay down it all started again. It still hurts but not near as bad as it did early this morning. The really strange symptom is the soreness deep in my throats when I breath deep. I m assuming I slept in bad position that caused the pain but not sure. Ant ideas as to could be the issue
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have read the details and in my opinion you have this problem probably because of sore throat, This sore throat explains everything including neck pain ,breathlessness .
I suggest you start appropriate treatment in consultation with a physician. This problem should get relieved in 3-5 days.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.