What causes pain in the joints while suffering from osteoarthritis?

I am 68. Had bulbar polio at age 4. Have severe osteoarthritis, multiple joint replacements, fusions. Having my fourth episode of gout -like pain in all joints. No swelling or redness. Tested negative for rheumatoid and other auto-immune diseases in October 2017. Second episode in oct. of 17, third episode the middle of April, 2018 treated with 6day prednisone regimen. This episode, haven t seen doctor yet, it s been going on for 5days. What do you think?
Sat, 7 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Osteoarthritis itself may cause pain in the joints.This pain may be due to exposure of nerve endings below joint cartilage .

other possibilities of poly arthralgia like rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis or connective tissue disorders or hypothyroidism or vit d deficiency or spondylosis etc..

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Please use cold and warm compression, elevate the affected limb.

use pain killer medication. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.