What causes pain in the hip and shin joints?

My husband has pain in his hip joint and shin on left leg. He s fine sitting or lying down, but if walks a short distance it hurts. Raising his arm over his head causes pain too. He had a severed achilles tendon about July 6th on right leg. He was in a boot with wedges and on crutches Wedges were removed one every four weeks...He then went to a shoe with a little wedge and then shoes with no wedge gradually walking. The pain Started after a long walk. We have tried to use ice, heat, and rest, but it isn t getting better
Fri, 10 Feb 2017
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
any infection and pain in hip joint is refereed to down below leg or ankle joint. treatment and control of infection in hip joint will give relief referred pain.