What causes pain in shoulder blade during menopause?

My right shoulder blade has been hurting for a week, as if I slept wrong. It feels better now and I m able to move my arm freely without pain. But my stomach is feeling and looking bloated. I ve been taking cold tablets because I also have cold syptoms, of stuffy nose and chest. I m also 53 and am going through menopause. Don t know if that is part of it.
Tue, 1 Jun 2021

The symptoms seem to be related to menopause. Menopause can cause joint ache due to the decrease of estrogen levels. I suggest to use anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the pain. Cold compresses can also be helpful.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician