What causes pain in shinbone?

shin is slightly bruised from being hit, and there is a dent there now that has been there for a couple of days since it was hit. The dent is pretty soft and goes down a decent amount but the rest of my leg is pretty hard. Do i need to get it checked with a doctor? there is still some pain.
Sat, 12 Jan 2019

It could be a contusion.

As of now you can use analgesics/anti-inflammatory combination like aceclofenac/serratiopeptidase for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist better to consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,