What causes pain in left side of tender head?

Last evening I suddenly experienced pain on the left side on top of my head. It was not a headache feeling, but more like tender and pain to the touch. It was also more soft to the touch. Nothing preceded this. It lasted about 3 - 5 minutes. This morning when I touch it, it is tender to the touch like I had bruised it. I have not had any injuries to the head, and nothing unusual was happening at the time. What do you think?
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

Your symptoms can be related to migraine. I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen three times a day to relieve the pain. If the symptoms continue, I suggest to consult a neurologist and take prescription painkillers such as Triptans.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician