What causes pain in face, arms and back in a child?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My grandson has been suffering pain in his arms, then later in his back. He coudn t even sit up in school, because he had no strength and was in so much pain. He arms felt useless. He is 9 years old. He has been a football player for about 3 years and in wrestling. Now he has facial pain and is in the hospital. The doctors don t know what s wrong with him. Sometime ago he went through many tests including I believe a MRI. Can you help with some possible answer to this? Lynda
Tue, 3 Sep 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

I understand your concern and I feel that he may be having sensory neuropathy for idiopathic peripheral neuritis.

I think he should be getting a nerve conduction velocity testing rather than MRI brain as I do not think this is a central cause but I feel it is more of peripheral cause or peripheral neuropathy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology