What causes pain during intercourse?

hiii,i'm 24 yrs,158cm and 53kg, no history of any medical complaints...my problem is that i'm married since 2 months, but when it comes to sex it's very painful.....i'm not sure if my hymen is ruptured and it's very difficult for the penis to enter...i tried inserting my finger but beyond a point it's painful.....will the pain be less on insertion pf penis after an orgasm? how do we know when the vagina is fully lubricated?
Wed, 4 Sep 2019

Your wife might have a rigid hymen or vaginismus. This can also be due to anxiety. Proper relaxation exercise is important. Never hurry.

There are certain things you can try:
1. Breathing exercise and yoga should be practiced. Breath in and out while penetration.
2.Counselling with a sexologist will help.First insert a lubricated finger of the wife in top vagina and continue for a week. Then repeat it with 2 lubricated fingers of wife. When she is comfortable repeat it with your husband's finger, first with 1 finger and repeat with 2 fingers. Each process should take at least 5 days gap.
3. When she is comfortable, after foreplay and apply lubricant and intercourse can be tried.. During the process, proper relaxation is required.
4. Avoid stress. Don't be in a hurry.

The lubricants would be K-Y jelly, Vagisil Intimate Moisturizer, or Replens Vaginal Mosturizer or plain vaseline jelly.

If unsuccessful get a vaginal examination with your doctor to rule out any infection or problems.

Hope I have answered your query. Feel free to ask any doubt.

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon