What causes pain at the base of the head of the penis?

I have a slight problem around my penis area. For around 2 weeks now, I have been getting quite alot of pain around the base of the head of my penis. Before and during sex. Once my foreskin is pulled back where the skin rolls up I have been getting small cuts kind of like paper cuts but a little wider around the outside of my penis. These cuts are quite painful and sting quite alot. They heal after a week of no masturbation or sex. But the the skin becomes very very tight and once i try to pull back / or my foreskin comes back these cuts break through again ( like cracked lips) and the area becomes quite swelled and red for a few days
Fri, 17 Jan 2020
Psychologist 's  Response

Pain arising from the penis is often a result of a sexually transmitted infection and can be associated with burning, itching, painful urination, discharge, or blood in the urine.

Trauma, persistent erection (priapism), cancers, and Peyronie's disease (the development of scar tissue within the penis) are other causes. But do not be scared unless diagnosed. This could simply be an infection like balanitis or prosthesis.

Therefore I suggest consulting a skin specialist for physical examination, diagnosis and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. K. V. Anand, Psychologist