What causes pain and tendinitis in arm?

I have had a M.R.I it showed I have Tendinitis pain in my arm. I have been treating this with ice. I also have Calcium in my shoulder. Can that cause the pain and Tendinitis in my arm? I have had Fibromyalgia for many years. I m 87 years young, I live in assisted living, because of the Fibro. I get around very well, I do a lot of walking. Sincerely Beryl Small.
Mon, 11 Apr 2016
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
hi,

Thank-you for providing the brief history of you.

As you mentioned you are 87 years old and have tendinitis in the shoulder. I Will recommend you to undergo physcial therapy. As with the use of the therapeutic ultrasound therapy and TENS therapy the pain and inflammation can be reduced. Post that, an exercise regimen will be initiated and it will help you to regain some strength in the shoulder girdle. Also, from mild to moderate exrrcises will be made perform with the physiological limits of the pain. So pain should not restrict your exercise plan for regaining strength.

I have personally been dealing with geriatrics above 80 at least 10 patients a day. We follow the slow and steady protocol, and we have achieved 90% of the shoulder functions with 99% reduction in pain.

I am sure you will be benefitted by the physical therapy.

With the grace of God I wish you a healthy life ahead.

Jay Indravadan Patel