What causes pain and swelling in the wrist?

Hi. I ve been experiencing pain in my right wrist for last 7 days. Had a slight bruise, very minor swelling (that s gone now.) Pain is worse when twisting wrist & using thumb to swipe on my cell phone. Heat/cold doesn t help. Wrapping in ace bandage seems to help. Doesn t really hurts when not using wrist. A little painful to the touch on the wrist joint. Not aware of any injury or trauma.
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

How old are you ?? since when you're suffering from above problem??Any history of trauma?? you may be suffering from muscle spasm or wrist injury. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.
Take rest ,use pain medication. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.