What causes pain and swelling in the upper arm?

Hi, for the past 2 days I have been experiencing extreme upper arm bone pain. The pain has been achey but I can definitely tell that it s there. It wakes me up at night and ibuprofen is not touching the pain. It is also swelling a lot. I m not sure if I should go in for further testing.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pain and swelling in upper arm can be due to an injury or a muscle strain or tear. A bone injury also needs to be ruled out if there is a history of trauma.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.