What causes pain and swelling at the right ear helix?

Hi doctors, I took the ear-phone during sleeping 2 weeks ago. The day after that I have had pain at my right ear helix. I did not notice this. Recently, I have seen a swelling in the helix at the site of the ear-phone with the size of 0,8cmx2cm, thickness of 0,3cm for 3 days. I have no pain longer now. Please give me your advice Thank you so much Kiem Nguyen
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

It could be a superficial bacterial infection if external ear. So it can be otitis externa. For that, you can apply topical Neosporin cream over that. You can post a photo of the lesion to comment further.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician