What causes pain and itchy blisters on the toes and feet?

I ve been suffering with pain in my feet and toes for 4 months. Severe electric shock type pain which radiates into my legs and will cause my feet to jerk, especially when laying or if feet are elevated. The jerking & shock feeling begins in the left leg s big toe, takes over the foot and leg, moves into the right foot/leg, and can go into my arms/wrists, making them jerk, too. Very painful when this happens and I m unable to remain in bed or in certain chairs. However, with Neurontin, the shocks are more contained and the shooting, electrical, pain remains in my toes and feet. One foot has numbness and feels swollen on the bottom, and toes on both feet are painful even to the mildest touch. During the past 3 weeks, small, painful, blister-like bumps have begun on my toes and face along the hairline. These blisters aer very painful, seem to be slowly spreading and become itchy at night. All symptoms are worse at night. I ve had tests run in the past which showed nerve damage in the C3-C4 area, though admittedly, these tests were done about 10 years ago. I m unsure if I m dealing with the garden variety of neuropathy or if it s diabetic neuropathy. I haven t been tested for diabetes in at least 15 yrs, though my mother became diabetic in her 70s. She was diagnosed with Restless Leg Syndrome many years before diabetes, though I m suspicious that it could have been a tell-tale symptom with which she wasn t familiar. Your thoughts on my pain and itch issue?
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

Electric shock like sensation may be due to spinal root compression at the cervical region or lumbar region.

Other possibilities like multiple sclerosis or epilepsy (Jacksonian March) or peripheral neuropathy.

Need MRI brain and spinal cord, neurophysician consultation.

Blisters may be due to eczema or autoimmune bullous lesions or contact dermatitis or drug eruptions.

Use antihistamine or local steroid under your doctor guidance. Please consult your dermatologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist