What causes pain and burn under ribs/chest when taking doxycycline?

I have acne, so I went to the dermatologist in the early December. He prescribed these pills called Doxycycline 100mg tablets . I have been taking them for about 2 months now. Everything was fine until now! For the past 2 days, I noticed that I have this pain and burn under my ribs and chest, and it hurts to swallow food. I talked to a school nurse and she said that it might be heartburn pains. Could my pills cause this? I always take them with food and drink. I am taking these tablets to actually stop the pain. Should I see a doctor if the pain doesn t stop?
Thu, 1 Aug 2019