• question-icon

What causes pain and blood after sex in men?

I'm a gay male who is usually on the receiving end of sex. I recently had some blood/pain when I wiped and had sex and thought I might have had sex that was too rough. I went to the doctor and he found no signs of tears or hemorrhoids. I wast told to use an anti-itch cream, avoid scrubbing in the shower, increase fiber intake and avoid anal sex. After 2 months of following all the advice, the pain/blood is still present (sometimes better than others).

Should my next step be going back to the doctor? I really don't mind going back to the doctor, but I don't want to waste my time if they cant really offer me anything more.
Mon, 4 Nov 2019
Sexologist 's  Response

Yes, you need to review the doctor and go for colonoscopy for further diagnosis. It can be injury or it can be ulcer too. Also, check for stool routine for worm infestation and blood sugar.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. S. R. Raveendran, Sexologist