What causes pain and a lump under the rib cage while sneezing or laughing?

I sneezed the other day and it felt like something had popped under my left rib cage and I feel a little lump there just under the rib cage and it continues to hurt whenever I sneeze or cough and sometimes when I laugh. I have to hold the area down in order for it to not hurt. What can this be?????
Wed, 31 Jan 2018
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query in details .

* This can be possible lump in connection with pleural cavity , an unusual
cyst or other .
* Needs assessment with ultrasound examination of the same .

Wishing you fine recovery .
Feel free to ask any further doubts .

Regards .